Come with me while I journey as an Initiate through the Feri Tradition of Witchcraft - a shamanic path of fey sorcery; a martial tradition of magic.

Any information deemed to be secret by any lines will not be found on this blog.

Friday 3 September 2010

Voices of the Past, Voices of the Future

Prayer to the Ancestors Before Divination

"The power of the Ancestors, the blood of the Ancestors and the Protection of the Ancestors are with me this day. All those who have gone before me, the Beloved and Mighty dead, hear my prayer. Guide my hand and guide my voice as I pierce the veil of the unknown. Bring to me that which I seek, oh Ancestors, and reveal to me that which I need to know. Blessed be the Ancestors, blessed be the Ancestors, blessed be the Ancestors."

Prayer to the Descendants*

"Descendants, hear me. I call to you through the mists of time, all those that are yet unborn, hear my voice as it pierces the veil. I call to the Descendants of a thousand generations, may the work done here be in your honour. May the work done here serve your lives. May the work done here bring joy to the earth and all peoples. Descendants, as we do our Work this day, bring us your blessings, teach us what you need. Fill us with your presence and give us the capacity to bless you for a thousand generations and beyond. Give us cause for you to honour us in the future. Blessed be the Descendants, blessed be the Descendants, blessed be the Descendants." 

Short Invocation to the Ancestors and the Descendents 
 
"Voices of the Past, Voices of the Future, whisper to us who live in the Present. Let our voices rise up in your honour. May the blood that flows through our veins connect us all throughout time. Let us be connected this day, and always. Blessed be, blessed be, blessed be."

*Praying to the Descendants was first introduced to me during this year's WitchCamp at Avalon Spring. Deborah Oak called upon the Ancestors and then proceeded to invoke the Descendants. This, to me, was one of the most powerful things I had heard in a ritual. It made so much sense...how much better we are if we take into consideration the lives of those who come after us.

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of praying to descendants before, interesting! and kinda trippy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Seth,

    I know...it boggles the mind if you think about it too much. I mean, if you accept a theory of reincarnation, then you are praying to your future self for guidance.

    Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to connect with the past and future, I must remember to include this in my prayers, especially at Samhain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like it, Angelica.

    ReplyDelete