Now, as a Witch, I am always on the lookout for ways to imbue more magic into my life and to live with more magical intention. There are already countless historical examples of magically-charged items used in ritual - robes, veils, crowns, and jewelry come to mind. This post is not the place to discuss these more obviously magical items. Rather, I wish to discuss how we can use our ordinary clothes in a magical way.
So, how can we magically charge clothes to aid in spellwork? Here are some examples that I have come up with:
- When washing clothes, charge the washing powder and conditioner to wash away all that does not belong in your life.
- When ironing your clothes, visualise yourself having a smooth and easy life. Literally, iron out the wrinkles in your life.
- Place spell-papers or petitions inside your shoes, so that you walk your spell.
- Charge a scarf for protection, and seal the spell when you knot it around your neck.
- Choose clothes of colours that relate to your goal. Hold the item of clothing before you put it on, and charge it with your desire, sealing the spell when you put it on.
- A hat can be charged as a devotional item to your Godsoul. Charm the hat to bring your Godsoul closer to you.
- Sew mojo bags into the seams or hem of your skirt or trousers so that you consciously work your spell as you walk. This is particularly good for spells involving movement.
- One spell that was given to me in a dream by an old hoodoo woman (who I believe to be one of my spirit guides) involves making mojo bags out of work underwear. A euphemism for underwear is "intimates" - given that underwear is in contact with a person's most private and intimate part of their body, cutting a square out of their used underwear is a fantastic way to influence them via a mojo bag (with their permission of course...wink wink).
Is there anything you are wearing right now that you can charge for a magical goal?